Amaranth Leaves In Yogurt Sauce Recipe:
Thotakura - 1 fist full bunch
Onions - 1 small
Garlic - 3 pods
Chana flour (senaga pindi) - 1 Tbsp (thickener)
Buttermilk (thin yogurt) - 1 1/2 Cup (good if sour)
Green chillies - 4
Red chilli - 2
Mustard - 1 tsp
Zeera - 1 tsp
Chana dal - 1/2 Tbsp
Curry leaves - 6
1. Wash the thotakura thoroughly in water 3- 4 times so that all the leaves and stems come clean.
2. Roughly chop them into small pieces. We can use leaves and stems as well.
3. In a hot pan, pour oil and do the seasoning with mustard, zeera, chana dal, chillies, curry leaves, garlic. Add chopped onions and fry for a min.
4. Now, add chopped greens and cover with lid. Let it cook for 10-15mins on med flame or until done.
5. Mean while prepare buttermilk mixture by adding chana flour to the buttermilk and mix completely.
6. Add this buttermilk to the cooked greens and stir continuously until it boils and thick sauce is formed.
7. If the sauce is too thin, add more chana flour, or if the sauce is too thick, add buttermilk/water.
That's it! Thotakura challa pulusu is ready to serve with rice.