Beetroot Onion Fry Recipe:
Beetroots - 3 medium
Onion - 1 small
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Red chillies - 4
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Zeera - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
1. Peel, wash and cut beetroot into small pieces.
2. In a pan, do the seasoning with oil, mustard, zeera, and curry leaves.
3. Add beetroot pieces and salt to it and saute. Cover with lid and let it cook under medium low flame stirring occassionally. Cook for about 10 mins or until done.
4. Meanwhile, prepare onion paste by grinding chopped onions, red chillies and zeera.
5. When beets are done cooking, remove the lid, add the onion paste and fry for 3 mins.
6. When it is fried completely, add coconut and fry for 2 more mins.
That's it! Aromatic and delicious Beetroot fry is ready to serve with white rice/rasam rice.