Green Brinjal Ginger Curry Recipe:
Green brinjals - 12
Tamarind - marble size
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Green chillies - 4
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Zeera - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tbsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Vankaya Allam Karam Koora
1. Wash brinjals and cut off the stem.
2. Cut them into thick slices.
3. In a pan, do the seasoning with oil, mustard, zeera, urad dal and curry leaves.
4. Add the cut brinjal and salt. Cover with lid and let it cook under medium flame for 5 mins or until done.
5. Mean while prepare thick tamarind juice and also prepare ginger-chilli paste by grinding them together.
6. When the brinjals are almost done, add the tamarind juice, ginger-chilli paste. Let it cook completely.
That's it! Spicy Brinjal curry is ready to serve with white rice.
This brinjal cooks very fast because of its thin skin. Careful while cooking, otherwise it becomes mushy.