Recipe Of RidgeGourd Channa Curry:
Beerakaya / Ridge gourd - 2 med size
Onions - 1 med (optional)
Chana dal - 1/4th cup
Green chillies - 3
Red chilli powder - 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
1. Wash and soak chana dal in warm water for 30 mins or just before starting the cooking process.
2. Peel and wash beerakayalu and chop them into small pieces.
3. In a hot pan, add oil and do the seasoning with mustard, zeera, green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add soaked chana dal cover with lid. Cook for 10 mins under med flame.
5. Now add chopped beerakaya pieces, salt, red chilli powder and cover with lid again. Let it cook for 10-15 mins or until done under med-hi flame.
That's it. Yummy curry is ready to serve with rice/chapathi.