Seasoned Yogurt Rice Recipe:
This can be done with fresh or left over rice.
Rice (uncooked) - 1 cup
Chana dal - 1 Tbsp
urad dal - 2 tsp
zeera - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 4
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Thin curd (curd + water)- little sour - 2 cups
Gulla pappu podi / Dhalia powder - 1 Tbsp (optional)
Turmeric - 1 tsp
1. If making with fresh rice then cook rice and take it into big bowl. Allow it to cool.
2. Meanwhile, do the seasoning in a pan with chana dal, urad dal, zeera, mustard, turmeric, green chillies, ginger & curry leaves.
3. Add curd and salt to the rice and mix it well.
4. Now add the seasoning and mix it one more time.
5. Optional: If the prepared daddojanam is not thick (if curd is too thin), then put dhalia powder.
Spicy and sour daddojanam is ready to eat!